Choosing a Moving Company
- Start looking for a moving company at least a month in advance (July 1st gets booked as early as February-March in Quebec). Ask friends, co-workers, neighbors to refer you.
- Choose 2 – 3 companies you are interested in.
- Ask for an in-person free estimation (if the size of your apartment is 2 bedrooms +). Make sure to provide as many details as possible regarding your move in order to get a reasonable estimate and manage your budget accordingly. Ask about possible additional charges, read company’s terms and conditions.
- Compare prices and personal impression of the companies you got your estimates from.
- Get a contract with the chosen moving company, make sure it states the correct rate you agreed on, your pickup address and date of the moving.
On Your Moving Day
Demenagement Leopard will provide you with at least 2 hours window appointment time. Our driver will contact you 30 minutes before arrival.
Here are some tips for you:
- In order to save time, make sure to be on location when the movers arrive. Try to provide a parking space to prevent our truck from blocking the street. If you really cannot be on location, make sure someone else is there.
- Movers will have our truck parked as close to your door as possible.
- If applicable, book the elevator in advance/get elevator key from your building manager.
- Disassemble beds and other furniture.
- Disconnect appliances that will be moved.
- Pack boxes & stack them together – the movers will need to have a clear path to all furniture throughout your house.
- It’s always helpful to label/number your boxes.
- Inspect the condition of your furniture before it is loaded into the truck and when it is unloaded.
- If possible, leave your pets and kids with friends or neighbors for the time of your moving.
- Be sure to verify the addresses on the contract to ensure that the movers know exactly where they are going. Provide a phone number to reach you in case of need.
- Be ready to pay the driver with cash money, Visa or MasterCard.